Hi! I went to michael’s craft store recently and I got inspired at the Wilton section… My favorite place in the whole store. I’ve made chocolate boxes before (check out my candy hearts) and I wanted to make a chocolate candy ever since I found a recipe for a peanut butter filling that hardens. Here’s what I made.
First, you’ll need a mold. Any kind that is relatively small.
This is the size of mine:
Other things you’ll need: baking chocolate(sweetened), your favorite type- I used Wilton baking chips, light cocoa.
1/2 and 1/4 cups Peanut butter
1/2 and 1/4 cups butter, softened
3.5 oz. marshmallow cream
1. First, melt about 1/2 cup of chocolate.
Fill your mold about 1/4 full and paint up sides with a clean paintbrush. Make sure you have enough but not so much that you have excess on the bottom of the mold.
2. Set in fridge until firm.
3. Meanwhile, mix up peanut butter mixture: add butter and peanut butter to electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until it is smooth. On slow, gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes after combined.
Add mixture to piping bag and add any tip you like/have.
4. Pipe into your chocolate cups. Make sure the peanut butter is even at the top edge. Place in fridge and let harden for about 45 minutes, if you had left over chocolate re-melt it and pipe over top when hardened. Make sure it covers all the candy and is relatively smooth.
5. Let the chocolate harden on top, then twist mold gently until they pop out. Enjoy!!